Blog

May 19, 2011

Sitting alone in a deserted BC, no radio contact yet, snowing heavily, pretty frustrated not being up there in the middle of the action.

May 18, 2011

Oscar Cadiach, Mario Panzeri, Azim Gheychisaz and Alexey Bolotov&Co in C4. Wanted to leave for the summit tonight. On hold due to strong ...

May 18, 2011

100km/hour winds in C3-7000m @ Kangchenjunga. If weather better Pawel&guys will move to C4 tomorrow and start for the summit in the evening.

May 18, 2011

Now myself in stand by, I'll have a go or non go after fresh info on how the things are developing up. Nasty season but not ready giving up.

May 18, 2011

Weather still permitting I'll go back up again in 2,3 days. Now heavily snowing in BC but reportedly good weather in C4. Crossing fingers..

May 17, 2011

Just went down to BC half an hour ago due to stomach problems while climbing between C2 and C3. Felt ill and weak beyound any hope of going

May 17, 2011

higher. Almost 60 days of expedition plus so much time, training, money, energy and faith involved for having now all the chances of missing

May 17, 2011

the only fair window of good weather on Kang this season. Pawel in C3 now, I hope tomorrow evening he will start for the summit from C4.

May 16, 2011

KANG SUMMIT PUSH. C1. Witnessed a magnificent sunset, almost full moon, not a gust of wind. Managed to split the soup for the second time.

May 15, 2011

Tomorrow starting for the summit.Conditions permitting,hope we'll reach it on May19th.Alexey Bolotov&co tried yesterday but seems nosucces:(

Pages

Share on Facebook